Once your fixed appliance treatment is over you will need to wear a retainer, this is a very important part of the treatment process because teeth will start to move back to the position they were in before your first appliance.
Keep Smiling for Longer
Take our expert advice to ensure your smile stays straighter for longer.
Looking after your retainers
Using your retainer is a very important part of your treatment and essential to maintaining your perfect smile. Retainers are essential to keeping your teeth in their new place.
Your Orthodontist will make custom retainers just for you and give full instructions on when to wear them.
Here is your basic guide to getting the best results from your new retainers:
- WEAR AS INSTRUCTED - except when eating, drinking and playing contact sports.
- When you are not wearing your retainer, keep it in its box to prevent it being lost or damaged.
- Clean your retainer with your toothbrush, toothpaste and COLD water only.
- If you cannot wear your retainer for any reason, call us to let us know.
- Always bring your retainer to your appointments.